The Hunting Lodge

heritageslateCase Studies

“The Hunting Lodge” built by S.H Terry for Governor Bligh of the first fleet. The land on which the building is located was granted by Governor King to Governor Bligh in 1806 and ratified by Governor Macquarie. It was Bligh’s private property and was named Copenhagen Farm after one of his sea battles. Our Role Original materials difficult to source … Read More

Tilcott House, Katoomba

heritageslateCase Studies

Tilcott has local significance as a good representative example of the well-built holiday homes erected in the Upper Mountains by Sydney business-people in the 1920s. Tilcott is an intact representative example of an inter-war Californian bungalow residence. With its fine detailing and striking sandstone fencing it has above average appeal. Historic Value Tilcott was built in 1921 on lot 1 of … Read More

The Swifts, Darling Point

heritageslateCase Studies

The Swifts is a heritage-listed late-Victorian castellated Gothic Revival mansion located in the suburb of Darling Point, Sydney. Swifts is a rare survivor of a group of similar grand private residences sited on the southern shore of Sydney Harbour. It is described by the Australian Heritage Council as “perhaps the grandest house remaining in Sydney”. Swifts was listed on the … Read More

Callan Park, Hospital for the Insane

heritageslateCase Studies

HOSPITAL FOR THE INSANE The Callan Park Hospital for the Insane (1878 – 1914) is a heritage-listed former insane asylum and now college campus located in the grounds of Callan Park, an area on the shores of Iron Cove in Lilyfield, a suburb of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. In 1873 the Colonial Government of New South Wales purchased the … Read More

Eryldene, William Hardy Wilson

heritageslateCase Studies

Eryldene, Gordon Erydene was the home of the late Professor E.G. Waterhouse C.M.G, & Mrs Waterhouse The house was designed by architect William Hardy Wilson & built in 1913. The Garden was designed by Professor Waterhouse inaugural president of the international camellia society. Eryldene was designed by William Hardy Wilson, Australia’s leading advocate of the Old Colonial Georgian Revival movement, … Read More

Darling House, Dawes Point

heritageslateCase Studies

The Georgian-style Old Colonial sandstone building incorporates parts of an original c. 1833 to c. 1835 dwelling house, the existing sandstone house was constructed in 1842 under the ownership of Joseph Farris. The sandstone building now known as “Darling House” was built by Joseph Farris in 1842, a period of great depression in Sydney. Darling House holds a particular historical, social and … Read More